José Ribeiro do Valle Award
This is an annual award sponsored by Biolab Farmacêutica with the goal of recognizing the excellence of scientific research studies in the Pharmacology area, performed by Master and PhD students, who are and/or have the adviser affiliated to SBFTE or to a Scientific Society of Pharmacology in Latin America, and meet the following criteria:
- Be less than 35 years old on the date of JRV online Session and be the first author in an Abstract submitted for the SBFTE 2022 Congress.
- Be officially enrolled in training for MSc or PhD degree, or a trainee that has received the doctoral degree on or after January 1, 2022, under the supervision of an advisor that is a SBFTE member (up to date with his/her annual fees till 2021). If the author is a member, he(she) should be affiliated to the Society for at least one year.
- For Brazilian applicants, the study must have been performed at a Research Institution in Brazil, whereas for foreign applicants, the study must have been performed at a Research Institution in their country of origin or in Brazil. If the research involves collaboration with an international researcher, applicant should have spent no more than six months (MSc students) or one year (PhD students) of his/her training period in the foreign scientific institution. In case of being selected among the five finalists, foreign applicants must send a letter attesting their affiliation to a Scientific Society of Pharmacology in Latin America to the SBFTE Executive secretariat (email@example.com).
- Presentations must be in English.
Award application and rules
- Submit an abstract as first/presenting author following the instructions for Abstract Submission.
- During Abstract Submission, agree with the “JRV Award Competition” (follow the instructions online).
- IMPORTANT: All competing abstracts will be evaluated for their scientific merit by the JRV Award Evaluation Committee.
- If necessary, the five finalists will be asked to send an expanded abstract to the JRV Award Evaluation Committee (details of the format will be given later).
- The applicants of the top five abstracts will be notified of their selection by September 15th.
- The five finalists will have to present their work in a 15 min oral communication followed by 5 min discussion at the JRV Symposium during the 2022 Congress. On such an occasion, the JRV Award Evaluation Committee will evaluate the scientific merit of the work as well as the skills and scientific engagement of the candidate to present and defend it.
- All finalists must be present during the Closing Session of the 2022 Congress when the award winners will be announced with a certificate for their participation at the JRV Symposium and cash award (amount in “reais,” to be announced).
- Awardees are allowed to receive the JRV award only once.